5 Tips for Planning a Wedding on a Tight Budget
Tips for planning on a tight budget
- Don’t do a typical Saturday wedding. Getting married “off season” or on a Sunday can save you thousands on your venue because they don’t typically book events on those days/seasons so it is extra business for them and huge savings for you.
- Supply your own booze if possible. This will save you TONS versus an open bar where the venue or caterer supplies the alcohol or do a cash bar- no people will not hate you- yes they will still have fun!
- DIY your decorations or buy them second hand. You can get amazing stuff for over half off that has only been used once! Check craigslist, and local facebook wedding yard sale pages.
- Avoid the traditional florist route. Florists, while yes they are amazing and can create amazing arrangements, they also can cost thousands. If thousands aren’t in your budget, get your bouquets, centerpieces and arrangements from either a local grocery store (yes this is a thing and can save you huge bucks) or make your own bouquets with bulk flowers from Costco or BJ’s!
- Skip the giant cake. So many people opt for the big 3 tiered cake, and while they are beautiful, boy are they expensive and most of it ends of getting thrown out. Instead, get a small 2 tiered cake just for you and your new spouse to cut and then do something else for your guests like cookies, or a candy bar or cupcakes. This alone could save you hundreds!
For more information or free consultation on hiring a wedding planner on a budget (which YES can be done!) click here –> Contact