A beautiful atmosphere is a huge part of feeling like you have planned the perfect fairy-tale wedding. There are countless ways to incorporate these naturally perfumed treasures as you think of how you can make your special day an unforgettable event, for years to come.
How Flowers add to a Wedding
All about Flowers and how to use them
1. What they bring. Not only do flowers add a beautiful visual aesthetic to your venue, but their natural scent is like no other. Flowers can brighten up a dull site, especially if you have an indoor venue.
2. Adds an extra pop of color. Color themes are huge trend in weddings. What better way to add to your color theme, than to get flowers in those hues. Flowers can be very customizable, so it’s quite easy to find exactly the tint you’re looking for.
3. Each type or color represents something different. Though some flowers could seem beautiful to the eye, you may want to consider the meaning behind the flower. Some flowers that have great meaning for weddings are Hydrangeas (perseverance and heartfelt emotion), Lavender (devotion), and Peonies (a happy marriage).
4. Can be DIY. Booking with a florist can get expensive quickly. If you want to save a few bucks, buying your own flowers in supermarkets, local farmers markets or in bulk at BJ’s or Costco can be a much more affordable option!
5. Modest or extravagant. Picking the number of flowers used throughout your special day is all up to your personal preference, the size of the space, and your other decorations. You can simply add flowers just to the bouquets and boutonnieres, or you can splurge and add flowers to every inch of your space.
6. Unique uses make the day unforgettable. The usage of flowers doesn’t have to stop at bouquets, boutonnieres or centerpieces! Some unique ways to incorporate flowers are to use them in the alter or backdrop, float them in fountains/pools/ponds/drinking water, add them to your hair, decorate your cake, add other items to the arrangements like fruit/succulents/exotic flowers, or add a flower to each name card.
Incorporating flowers on your special day can make the experience for you and your guests go from budding to full bloomed. Never underestimate the power of the most natural decoration in the wedding world!