Manage your wedding planning worries so that you can truly enjoy the holiday season!
The holiday season is in full swing, and people are hustling and bustling everywhere. Things to do, people to see, gifts to buy…what about weddings to plan?
If you have a wedding coming up, it’s probably taking up a bunch of your headspace and making you feel even more crazed than usual. Addressing holiday cards may remind you that your guest list is incomplete, or a perfect necklace you picked out for your best friend may send you into a panic because you haven’t chosen bridesmaid gifts yet.
In the spirit of giving, here are a few free pieces of advice from us to help you get through the next couple of weeks as a bride-to-be!
- Give yourself permission to let it go. Unless you are getting married within the next two weeks (and if so, can we come?!), no harm will come from taking a break from planning. This is the time to see family, spread good cheer, and reflect on the new year to come. Enjoy it fully by putting aside your mental checklists and being present in the moment…you deserve it!
- If you can’t fully let it go, you can use some of this family time to be productive. Wondering if your cousin is still dating that girl he is always off again/on again with, and whether she should be invited as a named guest? You can subtly bring it up to his mom when you see her at a Christmas party. Another great time saver is to take note of new addresses on holiday cards you receive and put them in a spreadsheet to make invitation writing and thank you notes a breeze down the road.
- Avoid unwarranted advice and wedding horror stories by deflecting conversation elsewhere (“so, what was YOUR favorite part of 2018?”) and then move along to the dessert table. Oh, and if someone asks you if you’re sure you should have that extra piece of pie, because don’t you have a dress to fit into? Have a second piece. Moan with pleasure as you eat every bite.
- Observe your partner as they enjoy time with family and friends, remembering that this is the person you will be making holiday memories with for the rest of your life! Find out about family traditions you may not have known about and share some from your childhood that you want to carry on with your new family.
- If all else fails, bring that ring of yours near a Christmas tree and enjoy the view…ever seen that thing sparkle under twinkling lights?
From all of us at All Aboard Event Planning, we wish you the happiest of holidays and the healthiest of New Years. Cheers!
Click here to contact us & learn more about our packages!